W.R. Morris (later Lord Nuffield), an Oxford cycle and motor agent, launched his Morris Oxford car in 1913. This was made from proprietary parts, the engine being a 1-litre T-head four by White and Poppe. By the end of 1914 over 1,000 had been sold. In 1925, with the release of the Morris Bullnose, there were over 54,000 sold that year. Following this success, Morris launched the first Minor in 1929.
Morris and Austin were amalgamated in 1952 to form the British Motor Corporation (BMC).